No matter what meat you’re craving, one of Atlanta’s barbecue centric restaurants will have you skipping the hassle and going straight to carving.
Bone Lick BBQ on Atlanta’s Westside is taking the stress out of the holidays by offering up 10lb spiral cut, coca cola glazed “Xmas Hams” the whole family can enjoy for $79.95. Orders can be place between now and Sunday, December 21st and are available for pickup on Christmas Eve between 11 a.m and 3 p.m. For more information and to place an order, call 404.343.6574 .
D.B.A. Barbecue has a large variety of meats to choose from to make your holiday table complete. Their delicious beef tenderloin is $125 for 5 lbs. There are two options for ordering smoked brisket- $80 (5-6 lb) or $150 (9-10 lb). Add on French Onion Gravy for $8/quart. They’re also offering maple glazed ham ($80 for 10 lbs or $150 for 15 lbs) and smoked turkey ($69.99 for a 10-12 lb bird). Their catering team is standing by to take your order via email email@example.com or phone (404) 249-5010. Continue reading
Gunshow, normally closed on Sundays and Mondays, has announced that they will be open for business between Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. The restaurant will offer normal dinner service, from 6-9 p.m., Friday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 30. Reservations are encouraged and can be made by clicking here or calling the restaurant at 404-380-1886.
Asante, the downtown eatery from the lead chef for First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign is now open for lunch and dinner. Located at 250 Park Ave W NW in Downtown Atlanta, the space, formerly occupied by Downtown’s iconic Peasant Bistro, includes two floors, with a second-floor main dining room as well as a private dining room that can seat up to 60. The menu features worldly ingredients and techniques of South America, the Caribbean, the Low Country and Southern United States and Africa to Atlanta.
“12 Days of Christmas” has returned to roost at Bantam + Biddy this year, offering 12 days of generous gifts. Through December 24, the casual, family-friendly eatery entertains customers with a different treat, deal or event to enjoy daily including:
- December 17 – Vegas steak night featuring $6 steaks and baked potato (while supplies last)
- December 18 – Kids 10 and younger eat FREE all day with a canned food donation for the Atlanta Community Food Bank. FREE meal from the kids’ menu only.
- December 19 – Half-priced wings all day
- December 20 – FREE soup of the day with $10 purchase
- December 21 – Half-priced appetizers all day
- December 22 – $2 slider night and Atlanta Community Food Bank Charity Night
- December 23 – Receive a six-pack of Jb Farm Fresh Eggs with a $25 purchase
- December 24 – FREE hot chocolate, no purchase necessary. Ansley and Crescent locations closing at 3 p.m. and Avalon and Lenox location closing same times as respective shopping centers.
1.) Topgolf – On Wednesday, December 31 from 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM, head to Alpharetta for the event of the year at Topgolf. They will be heating things up with the hottest tracks of the year with a live DJ and keeping you cool with specialty cocktails to celebrate the New Year! Topgolf will be closed to the public during this special event, so don’t miss out on your chance to reserve your spot.
2.) Watershed on Peachtree – enjoy a four course meal with a Champagne toast, DJ Gray spinning tunes, and a festive evening with your Watershed family ($75/person). Reserve your table by calling (404) 809-3561.
3.) The Painted Pin – Raise your glasses, toast and roll in the New Year with us! Admission is only $20 (cash only at the door). Revelry will include…
- Live music courtesy of Gurufish from 8p.m. – 12a.m.
- Late night DJ from midnight – 2a.m.
- Featured magician, Howie the Great, pulling off all his best tricks
- Complimentary Champagne toast at midnight with a balloon drop
- Classic pub games including bocce ball, shuffleboard, oversized pop a shot, giant jenga, skee-ball, ping pong, bimini ring game, darts and southern skittles.
- Doors will open for the evening at 5 p.m. and the party will conclude at 2 a.m.
The Painted Pin does not take reservations; all lanes, soft seating areas and booths are available on a first come, first serve basis. Bowling lanes available for $35 per hour, per lane. Shoes are $4.50. A max bowling allotment time of 2 hours per lane applies. We are 21+ and abide by a strict dress code.
Need an excuse to get out of the house? The High Museum of Art is invited guests to linger in Midtown Atlanta with extended holiday hours over the next few weeks.
- December 22, High Shop open 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM (Museum closed)
- December 23, 10:00 AM- 5:00 PM
- December 24, 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM – FREE admission all day
- December 25, Museum CLOSED
- December 26, 10:00 AM- 9:00 PM
- December 27, 10:00 AM- 6:00 PM
- December 28, Noon- 5:00 PM
- December 29, 10:00 AM- 5:00 PM
- December 30, 10:00 AM- 6:00 PM
- December 31, 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
- January 1, Museum CLOSED
- January 2, 10:00 AM- 9:00 PM
Before the extended hours begin, don’t forget about Friday Night Remix at the High on December 19. Also, keep in mind that all active and veteran military personnel, along with their immediate families, get FREE admission to the High Museum of Art each Sunday and Tuesday.
image courtesy of phillipbabb.com
White Salon and Spa, a full-service salon and spa located in the heart of Buckhead, and the Occupy My Family salon of choice, has introduced a new rewards program, along with revamped service offerings, beginning in 2015.
The usual friendly, luxurious, but unpretentious experience is enhanced with White Salon and Spa’s revamped skincare options, including facials, makeup applications, lash extensions and bridal packages.
The salon is well known for their facials facials and they’re adding to their menu with the addition of new services, many of which include application from hairline to upper chest: Continue reading
Forget the gift cards. Well, don’t forget them but supplement your gift giving with locally made products from local restaurants, available at their dining locations, stores across the Atlanta area, and online shops. Here are 15 of our favorites:
1.) Beautiful Briny Sea Sugars ($17.99 for 16 oz) – These new locally crafted in Atlanta sugars are the perfect addition to Cook’s Warehouse’s assortment of Beautiful Briny Sea’s small batch culinary sea salts. Available flavors include Mexican Chocolate Sugar, Beautiful Dreamer (French Rose) Sugar, and Orange Chili Sugar.
2.) Jittery Joe’s Red Beard’s Delight by Chef Kevin Gillespie ($14) – For those with coffee-fiend friends, check out what chef and cookbook author Kevin Gillespie has brewing in his General Store. He is selling his signature “Red Beard’s Delight” coffee, his own special blend from his pals at Jittery Joe’s in Athens, Georgia, for $14 a canister. A bright, well-rounded, easy-drinking coffee, it is perfect for automatic drip and French press alike. Continue reading
The Atlanta Jewish Film Festival (AJFF) is putting out a call for artists with special interests in design, film, and theatre who will produce sets inspired by films featuring Jewish comedians.
These sets, produced specially for this event, will be used as photo booths beginning February 7th and will continue to stay up through the month of February at Mammal Gallery.
Artists will work with Atlanta film industry professionals including Drew Duncan, Molly Coffee, Sam Carter and Blake Myers.
The first info session takes place on Tuesday, December 16th at 7 p.m. at Manuel’s Tavern. Participants will fill out an application and, if chosen, they will receive mentorship from Atlanta Industry Professionals and a $500 stipend for the project. For more information, please visit http://ajff.us/ArtPartyInfoSession.