- Indie Craft Experience Holiday Shopping Spectacular – Sunday is the last day for this annual shopping festival which serves as the perfect excuse to get your holiday shopping done early.
- The Art of Diplomacy: Winston Churchill and the Pursuit of Painting at the Millennium Gate Museum – get to know Winston Churchill the artist as you stay out of the rain and head into the Millennium Arch.
- LEGO Brick Factor Competition – Who will be LEGOLAND Discovery Center’s next Master Builder? There are millions of bricks ready and waiting for competitors as part of this competition that is FREE and open to the public.
- Macy’s Pink Pig at Lenox Square – It’s still before Thanksgiving which means it’s still the perfect time to take the family on a no-hassle, shorter wait time trip to one of Atlanta’s most beloved holiday traditions.
- Home for the Holidays Designer Showhouse – Want to skip the rain for an adult-friendly Atlanta holiday tradition? Head to Bulkhead for to see the #ATLHolidayHome.
Still want more? Check out our Event Calendar here and our list of Holiday Guides in the main site navigation menu.
- Wake Up Santa at the Georgia Aquarium - Join Georgia Aquarium as they try everything we can think of to Wake Up Santa… In addition to being part of our Wake Up Santa event and activities, every child will receive milk & cookies with Santa, a souvenir cup and a professional photograph to take home.
- Indie Craft Experience Holiday Shopping Spectacular - This holiday season, the Indie Craft Experience will be hosting their largest Holiday Shopping Spectacular market ever at the oldest standing building in downtown Atlanta, The Georgia Freight Depot. Over 175 vendors will come together on November 22nd and 23rd to make shopping fun – something you definitely can’t get at the mall around that time of year!
- A Christmas Carol at the Alliance Theatre – The holiday classic kicks off its Christmastime run at the Alliance Theatre this weekend. Get your tickets for a show in November or December before they sell out!
- Home for the Holidays Designer Showhouse - Throughout the holiday season, guests are invited to enjoy tours of the Showhouse as well as seasonal activities throughout the event’s duration with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the Southeastern Horticultural Society’s Children’s Learning Gardens and Farms.
- Winter Wonderland Celebration Day at the Fernbank Museum of Natural History - Enjoy a special day of cultural- and holiday-themed performances and activities inspired by Winter Wonderland. All activities are included with your ticket.
- Annual Christmas Tree Lighting at Atlantic Station – A full day of FREE family-friendly fun is planned for Atlantic Station’s annual tree lighting.
- LEGO Brick Factor Competition - This Sunday, 10 finalists will compete in a Brick Factor Competition for the chance to land a full-time position at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Atlanta! Applicants from all over the state will convene for Atlanta’s most unusual job interview for the chance to become the attraction’s next Master Model Builder and you’re invited to watch the heated competition featuring millions of bricks!
- Art Full Afternoons at the High Museum of Art - Swing by the museum on Sundays and fill your afternoon with art! The High Museum hosts family art-making workshops with fun hands-on projects that connect to works of art in our permanent collection and special exhibitions. Play, create, and be inspired!
- The Lighting of Avalon - This family-friendly event will feature seasonal music, entertainment throughout the day and free activities for all ages. Just after the sun sets, a 30-foot decorated Christmas tree will light up the night and the evening will culminate with the arrival of Santa Claus and a festive fireworks display. MOVED TO MODAY DUE TO FORECASTED WEATHER
- Stone Mountain Christmas & Snow Mountain - Enjoy the glow of more than two million lights, festive music and visits from some your favorite holiday characters. Start a new tradition and create memories that will last a lifetime for your kids…and you. Plus, spend a fun-filled day playing across five football fields of frosty joy. Zoom down the 400-foot hill all together in our family-sized tubes, or go it alone as a single rider. From snowman building to snowball shooting, tubing to togetherness, enjoy all the moments that will make for the perfect snow day.
- Light Up Dunwoody - The Cheek-Spruill Farm House is the center of activity Santa and elves will welcome children on the front porch reindeer with a Santa sleigh will be available for more photo opportunities. Bring your own camera! Everyone is invited, and there is no cost to participate in this family friendly festival.
- Hayride and S’mores at Sweetwater Creek State Park - Join us for a tractor-pulled hayride up to Jack’s Hill. We will also gather around a campfire and make s’mores. Park Rangers and local historians will be leading these programs, sharing history and stories from the park. Reservations are required.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at Center for Puppetry Arts - This year marks the 5th anniversary of the Center’s production of the favorite holiday adventure, as well as the 50th anniversary of the classic TV special. Hermey the Elf, Yukon Cornelius, the Abominable Snow Monster and all the other merry misfits join Rudolph and Santa for a seasonal spectacular that can’t be missed. Through the use of rod and body puppets, skilled puppeteers present the timeless tale of acceptance that has inspired audiences and become an Atlanta tradition.
- Southeastern Indians Heritage Program at the Atlanta History Center - Discover Southeastern Indians’ heritage and culture through demonstrations, performances, and discussions led by Native American artists and experts.
- Holiday Light Spectacular Gift Of Lights at Atlanta Motor Speedway – The NASCAR season is over, but you can still head to the track for a magical night show featuring more than a million LED lights.
Want to see more events? Check out our Event Calendar here.
Don’t forget! We also have our guides to outdoor ice skating rinks, Thanksgiving to-go, and holiday shopping hours at Atlanta area malls live and waiting for you to browse.
While everyone else is at the mall the day after Thanksgiving, you’ll want to take advantage of the full day of family-friendly fun they have planned. Plus, all kids get FREE admission! Here’s what’s on the schedule:
1:00 PM- 5:00 PM
- Watercolor Workshop - Channel your inner Cézanne with a paintbrush and watercolors!
- Gold Leaf Monograms - See illuminated text in “Make a Joyful Noise” then head to the workshops to try your hand at gold leaf techniques.
- Still-Life Drawing - Think you have what it takes to be a model? Grab a Soutine-inspired costume and hold a pose while your family draws your likeness.
- Portrait of a Dollar Bill - Did you know that the image of George Washington on the dollar bill is a portrait by American artist Gilbert Stuart? See the real deal in our galleries then draw your own portrait on a High Museum $1 bill!
1:00 PM- 2:00 PM Continue reading
Avalon is lighting its Christmas tree for the very first time and they’re celebrating with a whole day full of family-friendly events. If you’re a mom with a stroller you’ll want to be sure to enter the Holiday Stroller Parade where they’ll be giving away a $200 Pottery Barn gift card to the family “with the most creative, original, holiday stroller/wagon.”
To get entered to win, simply fill out the form here on Facebook and grab some ideas from Pinterest.